Introduction to Quantitative Research Methods
An Investigative Approach
AUTHOR: Balnaves, Mark and Caputi, Peter
PUBLISHER: SAGE Publications, Limited
Also available at Amazon.com
The multimedia courseware provides tutorial work on sampling, basic statistics, and techniques for seeking information from databases and other sources. The statistics modules can be used as either part of a detective games or directly in teaching and learning. Brief video lessons in SPSS, using real datasets, are also a feature of the CD-ROM.
Why would you choose Introduction to Quantitative Research Methods
- It is theoretical, providing a concise overview of issues of quantitative research.
- It is practical, providing case studies that exemplify the different ways of research is conducted in the social sciences (ranging from psychology to sociology, politics and media).
- It is educational, providing practical vignettes, and chapter highlights for revision.
- It is integrative, producing a typology of different ways of conducting quantitative research methods.
- It is international, providing case studies from a range of countries.
- It is innovative, providing multimedia tutorials on generic research and statistical skills.
- It is clear, concise and accessible.
PUBLICATION DATE: 6/4/2001
CATEGORY: Social Science