IT Manager's Handbook
Getting Your New Job Done
AUTHOR: Holtsnider, Bill and Jaffe, Brian D.
PUBLISHER: Elsevier Science & Technology Books
Also available at Amazon.com
Are you one of many new IT managers with limited managerial experience? Are you a technician or programmer contemplating a move into IT management? Or, has your technical position evolved to include significant management responsibilities?
The IT Manager's Handbook provides essential information to help you manage your new responsibilities. This unique book provides a guide to help you create budgets, manage projects, evaluate technology and hire and motivate personnel. The authors provide sound advice to equip you with an overall, winning strategy for success.
* Provides practical, easily accessible management advice specifically for new IT managers.
* Organizes information modularly, so you can delve directly into the topics that you need to understand.
* Brings you up-to-speed on the business practices that are most critical to effective IT operations: recruiting, resource planning, working with vendors, and more.
* Provides a unique management perspective on the technical issues with the heaviest business ramifications: e-commerce, remote access, system security, LAN/WAN management, intranets, disaster recovery, and more.
* Includes pointers to additional resources, on the Web and in print, that you can turn to for more information on particular topics.
PUBLICATION DATE: 10/23/2000
CATEGORY: Business & Economics, Computers