How Network Culture Is Revolutionizing Business
AUTHOR: Hayes, Tom
PUBLISHER: McGraw-Hill Companies, The
Also available at Amazon.com
Plug into the nonstop global economy of billion-selling products and trillion-dollar markets
The Web 3.0 world of "pandemic economics" is a new economy that will function outside the traditional laws of commerce, free from today's impediments to business growth, and in a world where every person is connected to each other. Jump Point is the powerful guide that will help you to challenge old assumptions, rethink your business models, and take advantage of this fast-moving, unfettered, and fiercely competitive environment.
Silicon Valley guru Tom Hayes explores how the new economy will arrive at a single jump point by 2011, bringing with it virulent market trends. Only those prepared for the new marketplace dynamics will be left standing amidst unfamiliar players, shape-shifting consumers, and wealth-evaporating forces. This forward-thinking book examines
- The implications of collaborative behavior on the global market
- The human drive behind the "agency" impulse, which spawns social media communities, multiplayer online games, and crowdsourcing sites
- How to act on and react to real-time external events
- The pitfalls of "response latency," and why too much information can kill a company
- How to create a "virion," or marketmaking product, by tapping the power of person-to-person viral dynamics
Don't get left holding yesterday's toolkit. Rethink your business in terms of the global network, and take it from the jump point into exponential growth.
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/28/2008
CATEGORY: Business & Economics