Key Concepts in Leisure Studies | 1st Edition
AUTHOR: Harris, David E.
PUBLISHER: SAGE Publications, Limited
Also available at Amazon.com
Written with the needs of today's student in mind, the SAGE Key Concepts series provides accessible, authoritative and reliable coverage of the essential issues in a range of disciplines. Written in each case by experienced and respected experts in the subject area, the books are indispensable study aids and guides to comprehension.
Cross-referenced throughout, the format encourages understanding without sacrificing the level of detail and critical evaluation essential to convey the complexity of the issues.
Key Concepts in Leisure Studies:
* Provides a student-friendly guide to the key debates in leisure studies
* Reflects recent developments in the field, encompassing related work in media studies, cultural studies, sports studies and sociology
* Cross-references each 1500 word exposition to other concepts in the field
* Offers definitions, section outlines and further reading guidance for independent learning
* Is supported by the author's website http:/www.arasite.org/keyconc.html
* Is essential reading for undergraduates and NVQ students in leisure studies.
PUBLICATION DATE: 12/23/2004
CATEGORY: Social Science