Language for Learning in the Secondary School
A Practical Guide for Supporting Students with Speech, Language and Communication Needs
AUTHOR: Hayden, Sue and Jordan, Emma
Also available at Amazon.com
Language for Learning in the Secondary School employs the same easy-to-use format as the best-selling Primary version of this book but has been adapted to meet the specific needs of secondary school teachers. This indispensable resource is packed full of practical suggestions on how to support students with speech, language and communication difficulties.
Colour coded throughout for easy referencing, this unique book supports inclusive practice by helping you to:
- Identify students with speech, language and communication needs
- Understand how language is processed
- Consider roles and responsibilities at secondary level
- Plan a differentiated curriculum
- Consider the language demands across the subjects
- Adopt a whole school approach
- Make use of a wide range of positive strategies
- Empower students to access the curriculum.
Language for Learning in the Secondary School comes complete with a wealth of photocopiable resources and activities, giving teachers and teaching assistants the confidence to help students with speech, language and communication needs more effectively in mainstream settings. It will also be an extremely useful resource for specialist teachers, speech and language therapists and educational psychologists.
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/13/2012
CATEGORY: Education, Language Arts & Disciplines