Leadership and Nursing Care Management | 4th Edition
AUTHOR: Huber, Diane
PUBLISHER: Elsevier - Health Sciences Division
Also available at Amazon.com
Comprehensive and easy to read, this authoritative resource features the most up-to-date, research-based blend of practice and theory related to the issues that impact nursing management and leadership today. Key topics include the nursing professional's role in law and ethics, staffing and scheduling, delegation, cultural considerations, care management, human resources, outcomes management, safe work environments, preventing employee injury, and time and stress management.
- Research Notes in each chapter summarize relevant nursing leadership and management studies and show how research findings can be applied in practice.
- Leadership and Management Behavior boxes in each chapter highlight the performance and conduct expected of nurse leaders, managers, and executives.
- Leading and Managing Defined boxes in each chapter list key terminology related to leadership and management, and their definitions.
- Case Studies at the end of each chapter present real-world leadership and management situations and illustrate how key chapter concepts can be applied to actual practice.
- Critical Thinking Questions at the end of each chapter present clinical situations followed by critical thinking questions that allow you to reflect on chapter content, critically analyze the information, and apply it to the situation.
- A new Patient Acuity chapter uses evidence-based tools to discuss how patient acuity measurement can be done in ways that are specific to nursing.
- A reader-friendly format breaks key content into easy-to-scan bulleted lists.
- Chapters are divided according to the AONE competencies for nurse leaders, managers, and executives.
- Practical Tips boxes highlight useful strategies for applying leadership and management skills to practice.
PUBLICATION DATE: 9/29/2009
CATEGORY: Business & Economics, Medical