Learn Java on the Macintosh
AUTHOR: Boone, Barry and Mark, Dave
PUBLISHER: Addison Wesley Professional
Also available at Amazon.com
Learn Java(tm) on the MacintoshÂ® provides everything you need to learn the most powerful and exciting computer language in use today--and in a "no experience necessary" format. You can learn Java with this book, even if you don't know any other programming languages.
Filled with clear and useful diagrams, explanations, examples, and exercises, this book will teach you the basics of programming in Java. The accompanying CD-ROM contains the Metrowerks CodeWarrior(tm) Java Lite environment and all the files you'll need for hands-on, step-by-step practice. All you have to bring to the table is your Macintosh, a CD-ROM drive, and a desire to program in Java.
Learn Java on the Macintosh includes:
In the book
- Details on implementing the CodeWarrior Java environment, the premiere Java programming environment for the Mac
- A clear, concise introduction to Java's essential programming concepts: classes, objects, methods, variables, and operators
- An overview of programming for the World-Wide Web and how to build Java applets
On the CD-ROM
- Metrowerks CodeWarrior Java Lite, a special edition of the leading Java development environment for the Mac
- Code examples from the book, all of which can be run with the Metrowerks environment
- Java applets for the World-Wide Web, ranging from simple to sophisticated, that illustrate all the concepts discussed in this book
This easy-to-follow tutorial doesn't stop at the basics: You'll also learn how to use Java's object-oriented features and techniques, how to create a graphical user interface in Java, how to paint pictures in your applet's window, how to respond to error conditions, and much more. This is Java presented the way it should be--a straightforward approach to the latest and greatest programming language on the market today.
PUBLICATION DATE: 8/2/1996