Literature and the Writing Process | 9th Edition
AUTHOR: McMahan, Elizabeth and Coleman, Linda S.
PUBLISHER: Pearson Education
Also available at Amazon.com
Literature and the Writing Process combines the best elements of a literature anthology with those of a handbook to guide students through the interrelated process of analytical reading and critical writing.
Text writing assignments use literature as a tool of critical thought, a method for analysis, and a way of communicating ideas. This approach emphasizes writing as the focus of the book with literature as the means to write effectively. A three part organization combines a literary anthology with composition instruction and a style handbook so students have everything they need at their fingertips. Some of the new features include:
- New Humor and Satire Portfolios now appear in every genre chapter, offering engaging new readings to encourage student interest.
- Expanded argument writing coverage (Ch. 3) offers more support for improving writing skills.
- New readings reflect a wide diversity of classic and contemporary voices, including Margaret Atwood, Chinua Achebe, David Sedaris, Billy Collins, and Robert Frost.
- Updated MLA coverage reflects the most current guidelines from the Modern Language Association.
- A refreshed drama section includes two remarkable plays: Picnic on the Battlefield, by Fernando Arrabal, and Beauty, by Jane Martin and A Raisin in the Sun, by Lorraine Hansberry has been brought back to this edition by popular demand.
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/3/2010
CATEGORY: Language Arts & Disciplines, Literary Collections, Reference