Managing a Diverse Workforce | 3rd Edition
AUTHOR: Gary N. Powell
PUBLISHER: SAGE Publications, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
The learning activities have several noteworthy features:
- They explore the impact of diversity on the basis of numerous personal characteristics, including gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, physical and mental abilities, national culture, religion, socioeconomic status, education, appearance, weight, marital status, and parental status.
- They address pre-organizational and organizational entry issues as well as issues that arise in the workplace.
- They examine issues pertaining to individuals' work and personal lives and to society as a whole.
- They consider what it is like to manage, be managed by, and work with diverse others as peers.
- They offer powerful learning experiences that involve individuals, groups, and entire classes or training programs.
- They offer different types of learning experiences, including diagnostic instruments, role plays, and simulations.
- They draw upon many types of work settings, including both business and not-for-profit organizations.
- Managing a Diverse Workforce is a perfect companion to core texts in workforce diversity, managing diversity, and human resource development, including Gary Powell's Women and Men in Management, Fourth Edition.
PUBLICATION DATE: 11/17/2010
CATEGORY: Business & Economics, Social Science