Marriages and Families, Census Update | 6th Edition
AUTHOR: Schwartz, Mary Ann A. and Scott, BarBara Marliene
PUBLISHER: Prentice Hall PTR
Also available at Amazon.com
Examines personal belief systems and societal views
Marriages and Families: Diversity and Changeempowers and challenges students to examine their personal belief systems and societal views.
Within an engaging narrative and a sociological approach, the text addresses the many issues facing marriages and families today, and provides many opportunities for the student to consider and apply the material they are learning in the course to their own lives. The book guides students to make informed choices and decisions about their own marriage, family and intimate relationships. It is designed for courses on Marriage and Families or Introduction to Families.
The Census Update program incorporates 2010 Census data into a course–simply and easily. The components of the Census Update Program include an updated census edition with all charts and graphs–to reflect the results of the 2010 Census. In addition,A Short Introduction to the U.S. Censusis available and an updated MyFamilyLab.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning– MyFamilyLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking– Feature questions encourage students to reflect on chapter studies and relate them to personal experience.
- Engage Students– Examines challenges in family dynamics and gives students the tools to apply chapter content to their own relationships.
- Explore Theory– Written from a sociological perspective.
- Support Instructors– MyFamilyLab enables instructors to assess student progress and adapt course material to meet the specific needs of the class.
Note:MyFamilyLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyFamilyLab, please visit:www.myfamilylab.comor you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MyFamilyLab (at no additional cost). VP: 020517244X / 9780205172443
PUBLICATION DATE: 7/7/2011
CATEGORY: Social Science