Maternal Child Nursing Care | 4th Edition
AUTHOR: Perry, Shannon E. and Hockenberry, Marilyn J.
PUBLISHER: Elsevier - Health Sciences Division
Also available at Amazon.com
This market-leading textbook provides just the "right amount" of maternity and pediatric content in an easy-to-understand manner. Divided into two sections, the first part of the book includes 28 chapters on maternity nursing and the second part contains 27 chapters covering pediatric nursing. Numerous illustrations, photos, boxes, and tables clarify key content and help you quickly find essential information. And because it's written by market-leading experts in maternity and pediatric nursing, you can be sure you're getting the accurate, practical information you need to succeed in the classroom, the clinical setting, and on the NCLEX#65533; examination.
- UNIQUE! Nursing Alerts point out critical information to consider when caring for patients.
- UNIQUE! Guidelines boxes outline instructions for skills or procedures in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format.
- UNIQUE! Emergency boxes offer quick reference to emergency procedures for critical maternity and pediatric emergencies.
- UNIQUE! Home Care boxes offer helpful guidelines for delivering effective care in the home environment.
- UNIQUE! Atraumatic Care boxes in the pediatric section illustrate how to provide competent nursing care without creating undue physical or psychological stress for pediatric patients, families, and nurses.
- UNIQUE! Community Focus boxes examine community issues and provide resources and guidance on caring for families outside the clinical setting.
- UNIQUE! Cultural Awareness boxes address culturally competent care for patients with a variety of customs and beliefs.
- UNIQUE! Family-Centered Care boxes discuss the family's role and needs in caring for the patient.
- UNIQUE! Nursing Process boxes offer quick access to nursing process information for major diseases and conditions.
- Critical Thinking Exercises provide case scenarios to promote sound clinical decision making.
- Nursing Care Plans include rationales for interventions and provide specific guidelines for delivering effective nursing care.
- Patient Teaching boxes highlight important information for communicating continuing care instructions to patients and families.
- New and consolidated content on pain assessment and management focuses on this key aspect of pediatric nursing.
- Updated content on evidence-based practice illustrates how current research can be used to improve patient outcomes.
- The latest information in the field is included throughout, including expanded coverage of the late preterm infant and fetal heart rate pattern identification.
PUBLICATION DATE: 9/24/2009