How to Measure the Financial Impact of Manufacturing Decisions
AUTHOR: Thrun, Walt
PUBLISHER: Productivity Press
Also available at Amazon.com
- Revealing counter-productive performance measures
- Identifying the operational objectives that will realize the greatest profits
- Managing with optimization techniques
- Reassessing the make-or-buy decision
- Incorporating lean manufacturing activities into the aggregate plan
- Rethinking traditional capital project ranking techniques
- Measuring the financial impact of multiplant operations.
Employing a hypothetical company case study, based on the author's actual experiences, Maximizing Profitguides you through a series of common manufacturing decisions such as product mix, process improvement, make-or-buy, and capital investment. A CD with an interactive Excel Solver spreadsheet tool -- an optimization algorithm -- is included that allows you to follow the team in the case study step-by-step as they shed prior assumptions and use optimization techniques to inform decisions.
Maximizing Profit'spractical information on the major decisions that will increase cash flow make it a "must read" and "must have" book for managers in manufacturing entities, specifically, general managers, manufacturing/operations managers, controllers, manufacturing/industrial engineers, and purchasing managers, as well as students of industrial business management.
PUBLICATION DATE: 12/5/2002
CATEGORY: Business & Economics