Medical and Veterinary Entomology | 2nd Edition
PUBLISHER: Elsevier Science & Technology Books
Also available at Amazon.com
Medical and Veterinary Entomology, Second Edition, has been fully updated and revised to provide the latest information on developments in entomology relating to public health and veterinary importance. Each chapter is structured with the student in mind, organized by the major headings of Taxonomy, Morphology, Life History, Behavior and Ecology, Public Health and Veterinary Importance, and Prevention and Control.
This second edition includes separate chapters devoted to each of the taxonomic groups of insects and arachnids of medical or veterinary concern, including spiders, scorpions, mites, and ticks. Internationally recognized editors Mullen and Durden include extensive coverage of both medical and veterinary entomological importance.
This book is designed for teaching and research faculty in medical and veterinary schools that provide a course in vector borne diseases and medical entomology; parasitologists, entomologists, and government scientists responsible for oversight and monitoring of insect vector borne diseases; and medical and veterinary school libraries and libraries at institutions with strong programs in entomology.
* Follows in the tradition of Herm's Medical and Veterinary Entomology
* The latest information on developments in entomology relating to public health and veterinary importance
* Two separate indexes for enhanced searchability: Taxonomic and Subject
New to this edition:
* Three new chapters
- Morphological Adaptations of Parasitic Arthropods
- Forensic Entomology
- Molecular Tools in Medical and Veterinary Entomology
* 1700 word glossary
* Appendix of Arthropod-Related Viruses of Medical-Veterinary Importance
* Numerous new full-color images, illustrations and maps throughout
PUBLICATION DATE: 5/1/2009
CATEGORY: Medical, Science