Meeting the Ethical Challenges of Leadership | 4th Edition
Casting Light or Shadow
AUTHOR: Johnson, Craig E.
PUBLISHER: SAGE Publications, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
The Fourth Edition retains the elements of the text that have contributed to its success while also broadening its appeal. Written in an informal, accessible style, author Craig E. Johnson takes an interdisciplinary approach to leadership ethics while blending research and theory with practical application. This unique text promotes ethical decision-making and action through skill development, self-assessment, and application exercises.
In the Fourth Edition:
- A new chapter, Ethical Crisis Leadership, explains five ethical principles and strategies that are essential to fulfilling moral duties during times of crisis.
- 'Leadership Ethics at the Movies' features present short summaries of feature films that portray ethical dilemmas. Discussion starters are included to prompt readers to draw ethical implications and applications from the films.
- 'Self-Assessment' features measure the reader's performance on an important behaviour, skill, or concept discussed in the chapter
- 'Implications and Applications' review key ideas and their ramifications for the reader as a leader
- 'For Further Exploration, Challenge, and Assessment' encourages readers to engage in extended reflection and self-analysis
- 'Focus on Follower Ethics' boxes that broaden coverage of the text and introduce concepts students can apply to their role as followers
- Three cases per chapter offer real-world examples for anlaysis and reflection
- A lengthy reference section at the end of the book serves as a starting point for further research and exploration
Instructors Resources include teaching strategies, a test bank, sample syllabi, assignment descriptions, and more.
PUBLICATION DATE: 2/28/2011
CATEGORY: Business & Economics