Metalworking Sink or Swim
Tips and Tricks for Machinists, Welders, and Fabricators
AUTHOR: Lipton, Tom
PUBLISHER: Industrial Press, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
This collection of priceless tips, tricks, skills, and experiences from a veteran of the trade is presented in a way that captures the attention of users and engages them in the process of furthering the art. It includes shop-tested descriptions and illustrations of creative and unique skills and observations from almost 40 years in the metalworking trades. What's more, it offers enough material from several metalworking trades to start a great research and development shop. It is sure to be a valuable and time-saving resource for anyone involved in the fabrication of metal.
- Written by a shop peer from the perspective of having done the required work.
- Includes nearly 1,000 full-color photos, as well as numerous illustrative stories that help users easily understand the material presented and the techniques provided.
- Contains a chapter on flame straightening techniques.
- Offers many examples of special workholding techniques.
- Covers crossover skills like Welding/Machine, Sheetmetal/Welding, and Design/Management.
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/14/2009
CATEGORY: Crafts & Hobbies