MFC Smartlab | 1st Edition
An Intelligent Tutoring System
AUTHOR: B and W Inc. Staff
PUBLISHER: Prentice Hall PTR
Also available at Amazon.com
If you program Windows applications in Visual C++, you must know the Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), Microsoft's comprehensive library of reusable objects. When you know MFC, you won't just be more productive, you'll write better code, too!
The most personalized MFC training you can get!
Now, in the MFC SmartLabs, Microsoft's own courseware developers will teach you MFC from your personalized MFC curriculum.
New to MFC? SmartLabs delivers a comprehensive, soup-to-nuts course, covering every important element of MFC, including user interface development, data management, even Windows help files.
Already know the basics? SmartLabs focuses on what you don't know-or you can choose your own topics for a refresher whenever you need one.
Training that really works!
SmartLabs even makes sure you've understood each topic, and reviews it again if you still need help!
You could spend hundreds of dollars on classroom training, and you still wouldn't get this kind of one-on-one attention. This is training that works. Training that's based on proven teaching principles. Training that's hands-on.
Write real programs!
With SmartLabs, you'll create real, object-oriented programs. SmartLabs works from within your C++ compiler-so you can run your code whenever you like!
Your time is precious. Maximize it!
You know you need to learn MFC. There's simply no faster, more personal way to do it. The MFC SmartLabs makes learning MFC efficient, inexpensive, convenient, and friendly. Don't wait any longer to leverage MFC's benefits. Get SmartLabs, and start your personal training today!
MFC SmartLabs can teach you virtually anything you'll ever need to know about MFC. Your personal course can include any or all of these topics and exercises.
- Windows Fundamentals and Architecture
- MFC Fundamentals and Architecture
- Handling Messages and Exceptions
- Outputting Simple Text and Graphics
- Integrating Solution-Specific Classes
- Commands and Menus
- Dialog Boxes and Standard Controls
- Advanced Controls: List Boxes and List Views
- Command Routing and Updating
- Command Handling
- Toolbars and Status Bars
- ODBC Integration
- Integrating OLE Controls Into Windows Programs
- Creating Simple One-File MFC Applications
- Using AppWizard to Create an Application Framework
- Creating a Simple Program That Handles a Message
- Creating an Application That Displays Text and Simple Graphics
- Creating an Application That Integrates Solution-Specific Classes Into the MFC Doc/View Framework
- Creating an Application With Menus
- Creating an Application That Creates and Invokes a Dialog Box
- Creating an Application That Implements Advanced Controls
- Creating an Application That Dynamically Updates the UI
- Creating an Application With a Customized Toolbar and Status Bar Panes
- Creating an Application That Implements Data Persistence Using Serialization
- Creating an Application That Uses an OLE Custom Control
- FC fundamentals and architecture
- Handling messages with the Class Wizard
- GUI development
- Using graphics and fonts
- Command routing
See inside for a complete list of topics.
PUBLICATION DATE: 8/1/1996