MicrosoftÃ‚Â® SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services
AUTHOR: Misner, Stacia and Hitachi Consulting Staff
PUBLISHER: Microsoft Press
Also available at Amazon.com
Teach yourself how to use the components, capabilities, and programming model in SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services--one step at a time. This practical, hands-on tutorial expertly guides you through each stage of the reporting life cycle, including authoring, managing, and delivering reports. Work at your own pace through the easy-to-follow lessons and hands-on exercises to master essential tasks and techniques. And accelerate your productivity by working with instructive code examples and best practices for SQL Server Reporting Services.
Discover how to:
- Install and configure Reporting Services
- Use Report Designer to structure and format table reports
- Connect to data sources and datasets
- Use expressions to perform calculations and change properties
- Apply advanced techniques--from matrix, chart, and data regions to parameters
- Manage content on the Report Server, including implementing security features
- Monitor Report Server activity and tune for performance
- Access and view reports, rendered in customized formats
- Write and reuse custom code to author and manage reports
- Build your own reporting tools
About Reporting Services SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services is a comprehensive, server-based reporting solution to create, manage, and deploy reports--on paper or over the Web. A key part of the Microsoft business intelligence framework, Reporting Services enables organizations to deliver real-time information to support daily operations and drive decisions at a lower cost of ownership.
- Practice files for all the book's procedures
- Complete eBook in PDF format
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
PUBLICATION DATE: 9/1/2004