MicrosoftÃ‚Â® Visual BasicÃ‚Â® . Net Programmers Cookbook
AUTHOR: MacDonald, Matthew
PUBLISHER: Microsoft Press
Also available at Amazon.com
Next time you hit the wall with a tough Visual Basic .NET problem, get the code behind the solution--and solve it the right way. This PROGRAMMER'S COOKBOOK provides at-a-glance reference to hundreds of Visual Basic .NET programming scenarios using a concise, problem/solution format. The book's organized so you can quickly zero in on the topics and answers you need--with practical examples, code snippets, best practices, and undocumented secrets that get the job done.
No half-baked solutions. Get expert code from expert developers.
- Get hundreds of recipes covering every application type--from Microsoft Windows to Web pages, Web services, remote components, and Windows services.
- Learn when to use lower-level Win32 APIs and COM components vs. the Microsoft .NET Framework
- Discover practical ways to deal with XML data and handle data binding with Microsoft ADO.NET.
- Build object-oriented components from scratch to access FTP sites, contact POP mail servers, and work with vectors, fractions, and complex numbers.
- Tackle advanced techniques for multithreading, .NET Remoting, reflection, and cryptography.
- Uncover free third-party components to read zip files, write PDF documents, show menus in Microsoft ASP.NET, and more.
- Get all the book's code recipes on line.
PUBLICATION DATE: 6/4/2003