MicrosoftÃ‚Â® Visual BasicÃ‚Â® 2005 | 3rd Edition
AUTHOR: Halvorson, Michael
PUBLISHER: Microsoft Press
Also available at Amazon.com
Whether you are new to programming or to Visual Basic 2005, this tutorial gives you practical guidance to build your programming knowledge. Use the real-world exercises to teach yourself the essentials of Visual Basic--and begin creating applications for Microsoft Windows and the Web.
Discover how to:
- Work in the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 development environment
- Use Toolbox controls to create compelling user interfaces complete with digital photos, menus, toolbars, check boxes, and more
- Add artwork, animation, and special effects to an application
- Use inheritance and other new object-oriented programming capabilities
- Detect, track, and repair bugs in your code
- Store program data using variables, modules, arrays, and collections
- Add sophisticated functions to your applications with Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 classes and methods
- Manage code flow with decision structures, loops, timers, and procedures
- Program interactive Web applications with Microsoft ASP.NET 2.0
- Create datacentric applications using Microsoft ADO.NET
- Write custom code for printers and configure dialog boxes for printing
- Migrate Visual Basic 6.0 code to Visual Basic 2005
CD includes all practice exercises.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
PUBLICATION DATE: 10/5/2005