National Standards for Sports Coaches | 2nd Edition
Quality Coaches, Quality Sports
AUTHOR: Society of Health and Physical Educators Staff
PUBLISHER: Human Kinetics Publishers
Also available at Amazon.com
The National Standards for Sport Coaches, 2nd edition, is a playbook for running a successful training program. It provides clear direction regarding the skills and knowledge every coach needs to have. From novice to highly skilled master coach, the National Standards work for all sports and at all competitive levels. If a program covers the information in this book, that program will prepare qualified coaches.
Reviewed and revised by experts from national governing bodies of sport. Over 100 organizations currently endorse the National Standards; including youth sport agencies, sport national governing bodies, school sport groups, and colleges and organizations. This straightforward guide identifies 8 domains and 40 standards of critical importance (Paperback)
This book is a MUST for:
- Coaching Educators: Provide quality training that will have a positive impact on your coaches' performance.
- Sport Administrators: Establish benchmarks for hiring quality coaches for your program.
- Coaches: Develop a performance guide for professional growth and skill development.
- Athletes: Learn how a quality coach can optimize your sport experience.
The 8 Domains of Coaching Competencies:
- Philosophy and Ethics
- Safety and Injury Prevention
- Physical Conditioning
- Growth and Development
- Teaching and Communication
- Sport skills and Tactics
- Organization and Administration
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/1/2005
CATEGORY: Sports & Recreation