NorthStar Listening and Speaking, Intermediate | 2nd Edition
AUTHOR: Solorzano, Helen Sophia and Schmidt, Jennifer
PUBLISHER: Pearson Education
Also available at Amazon.com
Explore fascinating content while building language competence and critical thinking skills. The best-selling NorthStar seriesnbsp;(Series Editors: Frances Boyd and Carol Numrich),nbsp;now in its Second Edition, offers two strands: a reading and writing strand and a listening and speaking strand. Both strands stimulate students' imagination, encourage critical thinking, and promote personal expression.
- New and updated high-interest topics motivate students to express their own points of view.
- Expanded vocabulary and pronunciation practice ensure greater language proficiency.
- A grammar correlation chart links NorthStar, Second Edition, to two leading grammar series: Focus on Grammar and the Azar Grammar series.
- The fully integrated approach includes a teacher's manual with achievement tests, process writing activity books, audio recordings of the main reading and listening sections, a new video program, and a Companion Website (with vocabulary worksheets, video worksheets, Internet activities, and other resources).
Listen to samples from the Audio CDs:
Unit 8: Traditional or Trendy?
- Listening One (0:41)
- Listening for Main Ideas (3:30)
- Reacting to the Listening: Exercise 1: Excerpt 1 (0:20)
- Reacting to the Listening: Exercise 1: Excerpt 2 (0:19)
- Reacting to the Listening: Exercise 1: Excerpt 3 (0:23)
- Reacting to the Listening: Exercise 1: Excerpt 4 (0:30)
- Listening Two (1:53)
- Pronunciation: Exercise 1 (0:58)
PUBLICATION DATE: 7/31/2003
CATEGORY: Language Arts & Disciplines, Psychology