Nurses and Families | 5th Edition
A Guide to Family Assessment and Intervention
AUTHOR: Leahey, Maureen and Lorraine, M.
PUBLISHER: Davis Company, F. A.
Also available at Amazon.com
The ideal "how-to" book!
- Innovative ideas to increase critical thinking
- Practical guidelines for family interviewing
- Clinical tools, skills and examples
Harness the power of the nurse-family relationship!
Use the thoroughly revised Calgary Family Assessment and Intervention Models to assess families effectively and know when and how to intervene to reduce suffering and promote health.
From theory to practice...polish the skills you need to...
- Use questions in family interviewing more effectively
- New Chapter - How to Use Questions in Family Interviewing
- Consider issues of diversity, such as:
- Ethnicity, race, culture, sexual orientation, gender, and socioeconomic class
- Assist families to manage complex health, social, and emotional problems such as genetics, terrorism, obesity, unemployment, etc.
- Conduct a fifteen minute (or shorter) family interview
- Avoid the three most common errors in family nursing
- Create genograms for families with multiple unions, parents and siblings
- Prepare, conduct, terminate and document family interviews
PUBLICATION DATE: 3/27/2009
CATEGORY: Health & Fitness, Medical