AUTHOR: West, David
PUBLISHER: Pearson Education
Also available at Amazon.com
In OBJECT THINKING, esteemed object technologist David West contends that the mindset makes the programmer--not the tools and techniques. Delving into the history, philosophy, and even politics of object-oriented programming, West reveals how the best programmers rely on analysis and conceptualization--on thinking--rather than formal process and methods. Both provocative and pragmatic, this book gives form to what's primarily been an oral tradition among the field's revolutionary thinkers--and it illustrates specific object-behavior practices that you can adopt for true object design and superior results.
Gain an in-depth understanding of:
- Prerequisites and principles of object thinking.
- Object knowledge implicit in eXtreme Programming (XP) and Agile software development.
- Object conceptualization and modeling.
- Metaphors, vocabulary, and design for object development.
Learn viable techniques for:
- Decomposing complex domains in terms of objects.
- Identifying object relationships, interactions, and constraints.
- Relating object behavior to internal structure and implementation design.
- Incorporating object thinking into XP and Agile practice.
PUBLICATION DATE: 2/11/2004