Operative Approaches in Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology
AUTHOR: Bauer, R.
PUBLISHER: George Thieme Verlag
Also available at Amazon.com
Back by popular demand, Thieme is proud to re-introduce this classic, which has long been a cornerstone text in all orthopedic surgeon's libraries. Brimming with nearly 600 beautifully hand-drawn illustrations, this remarkable text draws on the authors' wide-spanning expertise and clinical experiences. It is also one of the only texts of its kind to focus on the anatomical aspects of surgery, providing focused examinations of complex exposures.
Covering surgeries of the spine, pelvis, lower extremity, shoulder, and upper extremity, the atlas has been organized to demonstrate standard approaches from the skin incision to the particular target organ. Highly structured to streamline research, each section of the body is divided into subsections, with multiple techniques presented for each area. Individual surgical procedures are highlighted by lucid illustrations outlining the relevant anatomy, with meticulous labels pinpointing all important areas and details. The accompanying precise text works in tandem with the images to illuminate all critical aspects of the operation.
- Grounded in the authoritative insights of world renowned experts
- Concentration of detailed anatomy, utilizing exquisite illustrations to outline the procedures
- Nearly 600 images placed beside precise text, clarifying difficult concepts and techniques
- Explores both anterior and posterior approaches, especially those of the spine
- Provides chief indications, hazards, and possible complications to be aware of before you reach the operating table
Thieme is pleased to once again offer you this outstanding reference. Its popularity and success is unparalleled, making it an indispensable text for any orthopedic surgeon. Benefit from the expertise and guidance of this timeless resource, and order today!
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/1/1987