Pediatric Fractures and Dislocations
AUTHOR: von Laer, Lutz
PUBLISHER: Thieme Medical Publishers, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
This important new text assesses the benefits of conservative versus surgical treatment of pediatric fractures, combining clear procedural guidelines with an analysis of the most effective operative approach. More than 500 pages offer detailed, comprehensive coverage of techniques and strategies, with 450 illustrations clarifying all concepts.
- General overview of fracture treatment, including corrective mechanisms in the growing skeleton, classification of pediatric fractures, and growth disturbances
- Focused discussions on how to treat injuries in the upper and lower extremities, including trauma to the elbow, hand, knee, ankle, and more
- Compares multiple therapy options to demonstrate the best approach
- Offers observations on anesthesia, treatment, and follow-up for everyday reference
- Contains extensive appendices on such timely topics as battered child syndrome and birth trauma
Covering everything from posttraumatic deformities to spinal injuries, this informative text explores the most effective solutions to pediatric fractures. It also provides insights for integrating children and parents into the treatment process for more successful outcomes. This book is an essential, up-to-the-minute resource for all orthopedic surgeons and pediatricians who treat these pediatric fractures and injuries.
PUBLICATION DATE: 3/10/2004