Political Handbook of the World 2008
AUTHOR: Banks, Arthur S. and Isacoff, Judith F.
PUBLISHER: CQ Press
Also available at Amazon.com
The newest edition of the best guide to country-by-country political information.nbsp;
There is no other resource that provides as thorough and accurate political information as CQPress''s best selling Political Handbook of the World. With more than 200 entries on countries and territories throughout the world, Political Handbook of the World 2009 is the most authoritative source for finding complete facts and analysis on each country''s governmental and political makeup. This volume is renowned for its extensive coverage of all major and minor political parties and groups in each political system around the world. It also provides names of key ambassadors and international memberships of each country, plus profiles of over 75 intergovernmental organizations.nbsp;
This comprehensive, one-volume source for political information has been updated toinclude coverage of:nbsp;
- Current issues, crises, and controversies dominating national political agendas, including the United State''s 2008 presidential election of Barack Obama, Kosovo''s controversial declaration of independence, Thailand''s opposition leader elected prime minister after months of protests, Russian-Georgian war over South Ossetia, Pakistan''s ascent of Bhutto supporters, and South Africa''s resignation of President Mbeki.
- Newly formed parties, governing coalitions, and new party leaders in: Kenya, Taiwan, Italy, Cyprus, Belgium, Northern Ireland, Paraguay, Ireland, Bhutan, Lebanon, Japan, Mauritania, Nepal, Zambia, Slovenia, Lithuania, Maldives, New Zealand, and Guinea.nbsp;nbsp;
- New, vivid maps for Kosovo and Antarctica, and maps of disputed territories for Azerbaijen, Bolivia, Georgia, Iraq, Morocco, and Pakistan
- Brand-new entry on Kosovo
- Updated political boundary maps and population figures with economic growth statistics for every country
PUBLICATION DATE: 3/26/2009
CATEGORY: Political Science, Reference