Post-Tenure Faculty Review and Renewal III
Outcomes and Impact
AUTHOR: Licata, Christine M. and Morreale, Joseph C.
PUBLISHER: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
This volume brings together the findings from nine different institutional case studies, including research-oriented and teaching-oriented institutions of varying sizes, and one medical school. The book provides the most comprehensive report on the effectiveness and outcomes of post-tenure review within senior-level institutions as reported by campus faculty and administrators; this is the only national study to date that uses multiple methods of data collection to understand how campuses of differing size, mission, and culture experience the review process and describe its impact.
- Accountability and faculty performance
- Putting post-tenure review into context and practice
- Faculty and administrator views about post-tenure review practices: Qualitative findings
- A medical school version of post-tenure review
- Similarities and differences across institutions: Quantitative findings
- Bridging results to practice
- How post-tenure review is a lever for organizational change
- Considerations for the future
This book and its companion volumes allow practitioners, policymakers, and academic leaders to gain an understanding of the facets and issues associated with successfully conducting programs of post-tenure review.
PUBLICATION DATE: 10/15/2005