Practical Guide to ICP-MS | 2nd Edition
A Tutorial for Beginners
AUTHOR: Thomas, Robert
PUBLISHER: CRC Press
Also available at Amazon.com
Whatever your ICP-MS experience, you probably know that there are many textbooks compiled and edited by academics that approach ICP-MS from a purely theoretical and fundamental perspective, but there aren t any books that provide a practical perspective of the technique that are written specifically for the novice user. You ll be glad to know that the landscape is changing. With the publication of Practical Guide to ICP-MS: A Tutorial for Beginners, Second Edition, the user community has an new reference book that covers everything a beginner needs to know. Aimed specifically at analytical chemists who are not familiar with the technique and novice users who have just started using it, this updated, revised, and rewritten manuscript includes:
- Updated sections on ICP-MS basic principles to reflect advancements in the technology over the past four years
- New chapter on Trace Element Speciation using HPLC-ICP-MS
- New comprehensive easy-to-understand Glossary/dictionary of ICP-MS terms
- Extensive revisions to the chapter on "How to Select an ICP-MS"
- Applications section incorporates solutions to more and diverse application problems
- Rewritten chapter on collision/reaction cells and interfaces takes a detailed look at the different commercial approaches
- Updated chapter on alternative sample introduction techniques, including all the new commercially-available systems
- Revised chapter on comparing ICP-MS with other Atomic Spectroscopy techniques to reflect the most recent developments
Written by an insider with more than 20 years experience in product development, customer support, and technical marketing for an ICP-MS instrument vendor, the book highlights this powerful ultra trace-element technique as a practical solution to real-world problems. The in-depth presentation of analytical advantages and practical capabilities of the technique from someone who has been involved in all aspects of ICP-MS instrumental analysis, gives the author a unique insight into the technique and therefore makes the book an important part of any laboratory toolkit."
PUBLICATION DATE: 6/24/2008