Successful Equipment Management at Agilent Technologies
AUTHOR: Leflar, James A.
PUBLISHER: Productivity Press
Also available at Amazon.com
Part I explains the fundamental concepts of TPM, including the six basic principles of TPM, the goals of TPM, cultural changes resulting from TPM, and the keys to successful implementation. Part II -- the heart of the book -- describes, in step-by-step detail, the evolution of Agilent's TPM program. Each phase is clearly defined and demonstrated; the working tools and systems developed by the Agilent TPM team in the process are discussed at length. To conclude, Part III focuses on developing a vision and a strategy for your own successful TPM program.
Replete with annotated photographs and illustrations documenting Agilent's successful program, Practical TPM: Successful Equipment Management at Agilent Technologies offers an invaluable roadmap to TPM implementation.
The book covers:
- A step-by-step TPM program as implemented at a major US corporation
- The 5-why analysis method
- Examples of one-point lessons
- Using visual controls in a TPM program
- Tools for understanding equipment failures
- Improving machine productivity
- Improvement metrics
- Master checklists and forms
- Developing activity boards
- Appendices containing examples of maintenance training materials
For a PDF file with the preface and table of contents click here.
For a PDF file with the first chapter click here.
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/5/2001
CATEGORY: Technology & Engineering