A Collaborative Approach
PUBLISHER: SAGE Publications, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
While most evaluation textbooks cover the theory and steps of an evaluation, they often do not include specifics regarding how to put these concepts into actual practice when you are in a real-world setting, such as a school district or business. Using actual cases from educational, health-related, and business settings, the author shows readers how to do evaluation using a collaborative approach - an approach which actually involves stakeholders in the evaluation process.
- The text dedicates a chapter to how to design program evaluations with a collaborative approach.
- Checklists within the chapters and end-of-chapter exercises give readers the opportunity to put what they've learned into practice immediately.
- Boxed examples provide snapshots of other evaluations and highlight effective evaluation techniques and collaborative evaluation practices.
- Case studies from three different settings (education, health, and business) are detailed throughout the book.
- The book includes excerpts from the two most widely cited sources covering professional ethical standards (AEA's Guidelines for Professional Practice and the Joint Committee Standards for Educational Program Evaluation).
PUBLICATION DATE: 2/10/2004
CATEGORY: Business & Economics, Social Science