Principles and Practice of Pediatric Neurosurgery | 2nd Edition
AUTHOR: Albright, A. Leland and Adelson, Philip David
PUBLISHER: Thieme Medical Publishers, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
This book presents the latest management techniques for pediatric neurosurgical disorders frequently encountered in clinical practice. In this edition, chapters are organized into separate sections including cerebral disorders, spinal disorders, neoplasms, trauma, cerebrovascular disease, functional disorders, and infectious disorders. Each chapter describes the diagnostic studies, pathology and pathobiology, indications for surgery, treatment alternatives, prognostic factors and outcomes.
Features of the second edition:
- Commentaries at the end of each chapter provide insights from the senior editors
- Pearls identify critical steps in management
- More than 850 high-quality images demonstrate disease pathology and surgical approaches and techniques
- Easy-to-read tables synthesize key clinical concepts
- New chapters cover ethical issues in pediatric neurosurgery, pediatric neurosurgery in developing countries, and in utero neurosurgery
This comprehensive book is a must-have reference for all neurosurgeons, and specialists and residents in pediatric neurosurgery and pediatric neurology.
PUBLICATION DATE: 8/15/2007