Principles of Pharmacology for Athletic Trainers | 2nd Edition
AUTHOR: Houglum, Joel and Harrelson, Gary
PUBLISHER: SLACK, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
Principles of Pharmacology for Athletic Trainers, Second Edition has expanded the comprehensive and unique aspect of pharmacology presented in the best-selling first edition by introducing new information on:
* Drug and treatment strategies.
* Aspects of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, including treatment strategies, the disease process, diagnosis & monitoring of diabetes, and issues that are important for the athletic trainer.
* The foundational concepts and pharmacological treatment of schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorder, various anxiety disorders, and attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder.
* Discussion of herbal supplements, federal regulations, and safety & quality issues related to herbal supplements.
Dr. Joel Houglum and Dr. Gary Harrelson have updated Principles of Pharmacology for Athletic Trainers, Second Edition to be more user-friendly by incorporating revised information on pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic principles, making it even easier for students to understand, while still providing the depth of information desired by faculty.
Features of the Second Edition:
* Educational prompts are provided in each chapter in the form of an advanced chapter organizer.
* Shadow boxes throughout to remind students of previously discussed topics.
* Summaries at the end of each section to reinforce learning.
* A section in each chapter on the role of the athletic trainer regarding the disease process and drug therapy.
* New ancillary materials specifically for faculty that include PowerPoint slides and test bank questions.
Principles of Pharmacology for Athletic Trainers, Second Edition will be the go-to resource to determine the best pharmacological treatment strategy and management by athletic trainers.
PUBLICATION DATE: 9/15/2010
CATEGORY: Medical, Sports & Recreation