Programming Microsoft Visual Basic 6. 0
AUTHOR: Balena, Francesco
PUBLISHER: Microsoft Press
Also available at Amazon.com
Create professional-quality applications, components, and user interfaces faster and more efficiently than ever with the powerful object-oriented programming capabilities in the Visual Basic 6.0 development system. From Windows common controls to data access, Internet, and ActiveX programming, this book covers core development topics for version 6.0--providing insightful explanations and expertly rendered examples for rapid acceleration of your Win32 productivity.
- Expedite development with the object-oriented capabilities in Visual Basic 6.0--including events, polymorphism, and object hierarchies
- Develop great user interfaces that use the full range of controls in Visual Basic and take advantage of OLE drag and drop, data-driven forms, and advanced Windows API techniques
- Build datacentric solutions using ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) 2.0 and 2.1, the DataEnvironment designer, and RDS components for remote activation over the Internet
- Master ActiveX technology to create controls, learning advanced techniques such as COM callbacks, multithreaded components and applications, and windowless ActiveX controls
- Deploy rich, Web-ready components and applications with Dynamic HTML (DHTML) and Microsoft Internet Information Server
An electronic version of this book is available on the companion CD.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
PUBLICATION DATE: 5/26/1999