Property | 7th Edition
AUTHOR: Dukeminier, Jesse and Krier, James E.
PUBLISHER: Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
Also available at Amazon.com
Admired for generations, his landmark casebook features:
- a dynamic yet traditional pedagogy that includes cases, text, questions, problems, visual illustrations, and vibrant examples
- a flexible, modular organization that allows the book to easily adapt to a range of syllabi and course credit hours
- comprehensive coverage that encompasses the full range of property topics , with in-depth treatments of estates and future interests, servitudes, and land-use controls
- cartoons and photographs that present humorous asides and visual commentary at appropriate intervals within the text
- an accessible and unobtrusive "economic lens" for critically thinking about property issues
Updated throughout, the Seventh Edition provides:
- major changes to the proposed new Restatement (Third) of Property--highlighted, to simplify the system of estates and future interests
- additional visual aids and problems in the estates and future interests chapters
- a fresh look at marital property law, including the recent gay marriage case from the Iowa Supreme Court
- simplified coverage of servitudes, particularly covenants and equitable servitudes
- new signposts in every chapter that link topics in the casebook to sources on the website
- recent developments in the law governing the landlord-tenant relationship in government-assisted housing
- a timely view of the mortgage crisis and changes in real estate financing
- streamlined coverage of zoning flexibility
- a new case and material on Religious Land Use and the Institutionalized Persons Act
- updates in land use regulation, environmental law, climate change, and "smart growth"
- icons added throughout the text to indicate which materials have online counterparts on the companion website,
An iconic book with a contemporary feel, Property, Seventh Edition, resonates with the late Jesse Dukeminier's original wit and wisdom. New co-authors Gregory Alexander and Michael Schill keep it fresh, sharp, and up to date with this thoughtful and thorough revision.
PUBLICATION DATE: 2/26/2010