Psychopathology and Function | 3rd Edition
AUTHOR: Bonder, Bette
PUBLISHER: SLACK, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
Psychopathology and Function, Third Edition is a one-of-a-kind text that compares diagnostic criteria used by other mental health professionals with the framework used by occupational therapists. Updated and revised, the third edition includes the most recent, critical information available on psychiatric diagnosis.
This text provides an overview of both the development of the classification system - Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders-IV (DSM-IV) - and the occupational therapy process in mental health. The relationship of these two different models for conceptualizing psychosocial problems is explored and analyzed.
There are several new features unique to the third edition, including the adoption of concepts from the AOTA Occupational Therapy Practice Framework and WHO International Classification of Function. The latest information on various topics is available, such as epidemiology, treatment of psychiatric disorders, and psychopharmacology. Another attractive feature of this comprehensive text is the professional insight regarding emerging trends in the delivery of occupational therapy services in mental health settings.
Psychopathology and Function, Third Edition is the perfect resource for both students and clinicians in the field of occupational therapy.
- Emphasis on the current structure of occupational therapy services in mental health
- Updated information regarding the DSM-IV
- Discussion of the status of DSM-V, currently under development
- Current information on substance abuse screening and brief intervention
- Description of the AOTA Occupational Therapy Practice Framework and its relevance to mental health services
PUBLICATION DATE: 12/17/2003
CATEGORY: Medical, Psychology