Public Speaking and Civic Engagement | 3rd Edition
AUTHOR: Hogan, J. Michael and Andrews, Patricia Hayes
PUBLISHER: Pearson Education
Also available at Amazon.com
Promotes public speaking as a vehicle for civic engagement
Public Speaking and Civic Engagement advocates for being an engaged citizen of democracy by communicating ideas and information that could benefit and improve one's community. It teaches through a clear, engaging narrative and uses special features that demonstrate specific ways in which students and citizens can use public speaking to become better citizens.
MyCommunicationLab is an integral part of the Hogan program. Key learning applications include MediaShare, an eText, and a study plan.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience-for you and your students. Here's how:
- Personalize Learning-- MyCommunicationLab is online learning. MyCommunicationLab engages students through personalized learning and helps instructors from course preparation to delivery and assessment.
- Improve Critical Thinking--Features that promote critical thinking, such as learning objectives and questions for review, appear throughout the book.
- Engage Students--Tools throughout the text help students gauge their level of communication apprehension.
- Apply Ethics--Discussions of ethical implications of speaker and listener choices appear in every chapter.
- Support Instructors-- A full set of supplements, including MyCommunicationLab, provides instructors with all the resources and support they need.
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/10/2013
CATEGORY: Language Arts & Disciplines