Quick Reference Dictionary for Athletic Training | 2nd Edition
AUTHOR: Bernier, Julie N.
PUBLISHER: SLACK, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
Searching for one quick reference for all of your athletic training needs? Looking for quick answers to questions that can be encountered daily in the profession? Need quick access to thousands of terms related to the field?
The expanded and updated second edition of Quick Reference Dictionary for Athletic Training contains all this and more! Pocket size, comprehensive, and user-friendly, this companion guide is essential for students and professionals in athletic training.
Dr. Julie N. Bernier has taken over 2,100 terms and made them accessible in one book-no longer will you need to search multiple textbooks. Also included are 20 appendices on revised and new topics such as manual muscle testing and joint mobility positioning.
Quick Reference Dictionary for Athletic Training, Second Edition, with both text and visual references, provides the athletic training student and professional with a quick overview of the essential elements of injury assessment in the field
- The appendix on manual muscle testing includes photos and descriptions of manual muscle testing positioning and examiner stabilization, which will aid in the proper execution of the test.
- The appendix on special tests provides illustrations and descriptions of orthopedic special tests such as shoulder, elbow, spine, knee, and foot/ankle.
- Two appendices on peripheral nerve innervations-upper and lower extremity-include anatomical images that will assist the reader in visualizing the three dimensionality and location of peripheral nerve innervations.
Some of the additional appendices:
- Medical Roots Terminology
- Acronyms and Abbreviations
- Muscles-Origins, Insertion, Action
PUBLICATION DATE: 3/1/2005
CATEGORY: Education, Medical, Science