Religions in the Modern World | 2nd Edition
Traditions and Transformations
AUTHOR: Fletcher, Paul
Also available at Amazon.com
Comprehensive in its coverage, this completely revised and updated second edition of Religions in the Modern Worldconsiders the history and modern practices of the world's main religious traditions. It analyses trends in the manifestation of religion in the modern world, from secularization to the rise of new spiritualities, and is at the cutting edge of developments in the study of religion.
This second edition includes:
- new chapters on Religion and Violence, Paganism, Religion and Popular Culture, Spirituality, Secularism and Secularization
- discussion of the strength of the Christian Right
- post 9/11 and 7/7 developments in Religion and Politics
- case studies and anecdotes, text extracts, chapter menus and end-of-chapter summaries, glossaries and annotated further reading sections
- a wide variety of photographs, figures, tables and maps
- a companion website at www.routledge.com/9780415458917.
Religions in the Modern Worldis the ideal textbook for those coming to the study of religion for the first time, as well as for those who wish to keep up-to-date with the latest perspectives in the field. Fully international in coverage, it is accessibly written by practising and specialist teachers.
PUBLICATION DATE: 6/26/2009