Resolving Ethical Dilemmas | 4th Edition
A Guide for Clinicians
AUTHOR: Lo, Bernard and Lo
PUBLISHER: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Also available at Amazon.com
Every day clinicians encounter ethical dilemmas that have a direct impact on patient care. This timely Fourth Edition gives you expert guidance in approaching a wide range of ethical dilemmas and developing an action plan even when competing points of view have equal merit. Most chapters include real-life sample cases that the author walks through, discussing the salient issues and how to approach them.
Highlights of this edition include:
- A new chapter on ethical issues in cross-cultural medicine
- New material addressing conscientious objection by physicians, with particular reference to reproductive health and caring for underserved populations
- Revised sections on disclosure of errors to patients, gifts to physicians from drug companies, involuntary psychiatric treatment, genomic medicine, and ethical issues during public health emergencies such as pandemics
- Updates on organ transplantation including increasing the donor pool and non-heart beating donors
- Updated references throughout
- A summary of key points at the end of each chapter
A companion Website includes instant fully searchable text. This useful resource is a must-read for medical students and practicing professionals at every level of experience.
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/7/2009
CATEGORY: Education, Law, Medical