Saunders Pharmaceutical Word Book 2010 - Book and CD-ROM Package
AUTHOR: Drake, Ellen
PUBLISHER: Elsevier - Health Sciences Division
Also available at Amazon.com
Get more from your Pharmaceutical Word Book with the package! You'll locate drug entries quickly and transcribe drugs efficiently and accurately. Included are the spelling and capitalization of each drug's name, designated uses, cross-referencing of brand names to generics, and methods of administration. This package includes a CD-ROM containing the contents of the print edition of Saunders Pharmaceutical Word Book 2010 and more!
Get more with the book and CD package!
- Coverage includes more than 39,500 brand-name and generic drugs, with downloadable monthly updates on newly approved drugs, discontinued drugs, new indications, new dosage information, patent expirations, name changes, investigational drugs, and schedule changes.
- Indications along with standard dosages are included for approved drugs
- A sound-alike "ear" icon in the book and an exclusive sound-alike finder on the CD help you avoid making errors with similar drug names.
- Hyperlinks allow you to cross-reference between brands, indications, sound-alikes, investigational, and more.
- A "fuzzy" search feature allows you to input a possible spelling for a drug name and receive the closest matches to that drug.
- New searching by disease or diagnosis helps you verify questionable drug names by correlating specific diseases and diagnoses with categories of drugs.
- The ability to find similar brands by indications or generics.
- A search option lets you choose to include or exclude investigational drugs from searches, for faster results.
- Saunders Pharmaceutical XRef Book database is cross-referenced on the CD, for information on hazardous materials, street slang, and investigational code names.
- Shortcuts and hot keys on the CD save you time by allowing you to navigate the software, perform searches, and view results without ever taking your hands from the keyboard.
- Book appendices offer useful information at a glance, including sound-alikes, the most prescribed drugs, therapeutic drug levels, and abbreviations used with medications and dosages.
- Monthly updates to the database may be downloaded for up-to-the-minute information.
PUBLICATION DATE: 12/14/2009