Science of Athletic Training - Soccer
A Scientific Approach to Developing Strength, Speed and Endurance
AUTHOR: Reilly, Thomas
Also available at Amazon.com
Physical training is a key part of preparing to play soccer (football) at any level, but organising a genuinely effective training programme requires both an understanding the physiological principles involved and a practical knowledge of the demands of the game.
This book provides clear guidelines, an evidence base and a theoretical framework for proven effective soccer training.
- planning seasonal training to peak at the right time
- training for strength, speed, aerobic and anaerobic fitness
- designing appropriate sessions for training and rehabilitation
- best methods for recovery from exercise and reducing injury risk
- preparation for play in different environmental conditions
- evaluating the effectiveness of training programmes
- diet, sleep, lifestyle, young players and long-term development.
Clear explanations of the physiological concepts and sport science research evidence are given throughout, and the book contains many examples to illustrate the training principles in practice. This is an essential text for students of the game and a valuable resource for coaches, physical trainers and sport scientists working in soccer (football).
PUBLICATION DATE: 12/13/2006
CATEGORY: Sports & Recreation