Selling Rights | 6th Edition
AUTHOR: Owen, Lynette
Also available at Amazon.com
Selling Rights is a practical and accessible guide to all aspects of selling rights and co-publications throughout the world. The sixth edition of this authoritative handbook has been updated to include the changes which have taken place in technology, sales and distribution, and legislation in the United Kingdom and overseas, especially relating to web 2.0. Selling Rights covers the full range of potential rights, from English-language territorial rights, book club and paperback sales through to serial rights, translation rights, dramatization and documentary rights, and electronic publishing and multimedia.
This fully revised and updated edition of Selling Rights includes:
- the need to deal with the use of orphan works, the entry of more countries into membership of the international copyright conventions and initiatives to tackle electronic piracy
- developments in the area of parallel importation
- practical advice on rights management systems and on more efficient ways to promote and submit titles to potential licensees
- developments in the licensing of translation rights
- coverage of collective licensing systems for the use of extracts from copyright works
- initiatives to make copyright works more accessible to the reading-impaired
- recent developments in e-publishing, such as the new e-readers, downloadable audiobooks, and the rise of the mobile phone
- important distinctions such as whether e-books constitute sales or licences.
PUBLICATION DATE: 7/8/2010
CATEGORY: Language Arts & Disciplines, Law