SharePoint Development with Visual Studio 2010
AUTHOR: Carter, Eric and Scholl, Boris
PUBLISHER: Addison Wesley Professional
Also available at Amazon.com
The authors focus specifically on the SharePoint scenarios that Visual Studio 2010 now makes accessible to mainstream Microsoft developers. They assume no experience with SharePoint development and focus on SharePoint Foundation 2010: the low-cost version designed for organizations and departments of all kinds, not just large enterprises.
SharePoint 2010 Development with Visual Studio 2010 shows how to get your solution up and running fast, and then extend it to meet your precise business requirements. You'll learn how to develop, package, and deploy robust SharePoint business collaboration applications without any unnecessary complexity or overhead.
Following a practical, developer-focused introduction to Microsoft SharePoint 2010, you'll learn about
- Visual Studio 2010 templates and tools that simplify the creation of SharePoint solutions
- The SharePoint object model and its most frequently used methods, properties, and events
- Using lists to store, manage, and share data
- Responding to events related to lists, features, items, or workflows
- Integrating external data with Business Data Connectivity Services
- Using content types that ship with SharePoint 2010--and creating new ones
- Building multi-step workflows and custom forms that work with them
- Utilizing Web Parts to present different data and applications on the same page
- Customizing SharePoint pages or navigation with ASP.NET
- Packaging and deploying solutions, and customizing deployment to your unique requirements
Whether you're just starting out with SharePoint development, upgrading from earlier versions, or building on experience
with ASP.NET, this book will help you solve real problems and get real results--fast!
PUBLICATION DATE: 8/26/2010