Social Problems in a Diverse Society Census Update | 5th Edition
AUTHOR: Kendall, Diana
PUBLISHER: Prentice Hall PTR
Also available at Amazon.com
Examining the significance of race, class, and gender in understanding social problems.
Social Problems in a Diverse Societyfocuses on the significance of race, class, and gender as key factors in our understanding of social problems in the United Stated and around the globe.
This text includes discussions about race, class, and gender; uses personal narratives to convey how problems are experienced by individuals and groups; and applies sociological perspectives throughout to examine social issues. Throughout the book, all people - but particularly people of color and white women - are shown not merely as "victims" of social problems, but as individuals who resist discrimination and inequality and seek to bring about changes in families, schools, workplaces, and the larger society.
The Census Update program incorporates 2010 Census data into a course–simply and easily. The components of the Census Update Program include an updated census edition with all charts and graphs–to reflect the results of the 2010 Census. In addition,A Short Introduction to the U.S. Censusis availableand an updated MySocKit.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning–MySocKit delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking– Critical thinking questions found at the beginning and end of each chapter, and in feature boxes challenge students to form their own opinions on social issues.
- Engage Students– First-person accounts and a series of “Social Problems” feature boxes help students apply content to real life global issues.
- Explore Theory– Three classic paradigms and feminist theory.
- Support Instructors– A full set of supplements support instructors.
Note:MySocKit does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySocKit, please visit:www.mysockit.comor you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MySocKit (at no additional cost). VP: 0205172296
PUBLICATION DATE: 6/24/2011
CATEGORY: Social Science