Social Work | 8th Edition
An Empowering Profession
AUTHOR: Miley, Karla Krogsrud and DuBois, Brenda L.
PUBLISHER: Pearson Education
Also available at Amazon.com
Applies the empowerment perspective to the Social Work profession.
Social Work: An Empowering Profession, 8/e introduces the social work profession and interweaves contemporary themes of strength, human rights, and social justices. In addition, this title details the empowerment-oriented roles of the social worker as consultant, resource manager, and educator.
Connecting Core Competencies series -- Each chapter highlights the core competencies and practice behavior examples found in the Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards (EPAS) set by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Critical thinking questions throughout reinforces these connections.
Upon completing this book, readers will be able to:
- Understand the Social Work Profession.
- Apply principles of empowerment to various fields of social work practice.
- Apply critical thinking skills to case scenarios presented throughout the text.
- Analyze issues faced by clients using a human right and social frame.
- Examine personal perspectives and biases.
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/18/2013
CATEGORY: Political Science