Social Work with Children and Families
Developing Advanced Practice
AUTHOR: Welbourne, Penelope
Also available at Amazon.com
There is an increasing emphasis on post-qualifying training for social workers, especially in the complex and demanding area of working with children and families. This essential textbook is especially designed for practitioners studying at this level.
Accessible and thorough, the text focuses on a mixture of conceptual and organisational topics, skills, law, policy and key practice issues. It includes chapters on:
- Social work values and ethics
- Risk, uncertainty and accountability
- Direct work with children and young people
- Promoting security and stability
- Working with reluctant service users
- Assessment of parenting
- Working with poverty, drugs and alcohol
- Going to court and the legal framework
- Children and young people going home
- Supporting others in their professional development.
Using case studies and activities to link research, theory and practice, Social Work with Children and Familiestakes a wider look at the role and tasks of an experienced social work practitioner, and the skills and knowledge needed to develop professionally from this point.
PUBLICATION DATE: 5/17/2012
CATEGORY: Political Science, Social Science