Society | 12th Edition
AUTHOR: Macionis, John J.
PUBLISHER: Prentice Hall PTR
Also available at Amazon.com
ALERT:nbsp;Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that younbsp;select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson''s MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition,nbsp;you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson''s MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson''s MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Macionis empowers students to understand the world around them through a sociological lens, so they can better understand sociology and their own lives.
Society: The Basics, 12th edition is written to help students find and use sociology in everyday life. With a complete theoretical framework and a global perspective, Society: The Basicsnbsp;offers students an accessible and relevant introduction to sociology.
The new edition continues to grow to meet readers' changing needs. With a newly integrated pedagogical framework, readers are guided through both the text - and optional new MySocLab - to build their critical thinking skills while learning the fundamentals of sociology.nbsp;
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience - for you and your students. Here''s how:
- Personalize Learningnbsp;- The new MySocLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinkingnbsp;-Six newnbsp;learning objectives per chapter help readers build critical thinking and study skills.
- Engage Students - New design, everyday life and pop culture examples make sociology relevant for students today.
- Explore Theory -Three main theoretical perspectives are discussed in every chapter.
- Understand Diversity - Contemporary research informed by expert reviewers and cutting edge data sources reflect a broad range of race / class / gender.
- Support Instructors - Author written activities and assessment in MySocLab, the test bank and instructor's manual help provide support for instructors.
Note: MySocLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySocLab, please visit:
www.mysoclab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MySocLab (at no additional cost).
PUBLICATION DATE: 5/31/2012
CATEGORY: Social Science