Sociology for A2 AQA
AUTHOR: Browne, Ken and Blundell, Jonathan
PUBLISHER: Polity Press
Also available at Amazon.com
This exciting, full-colour textbook includes:
- chapters on each topic covered in the A2 specification;
- special sections on research methods in the chapter on crime and deviance, and stratification and differentiation;
- up-to-date discussions of a wide range of recent sociological data and debates;
- lots of colour photographs and diagrams to bring ideas to life and fire students' imaginations;
- a dedicated website, including resources for teachers and additional material designed to help students revise or research themes in the book.
Key sociological terms are systematically highlighted throughout the text and are included in a comprehensive glossary, with thoughtful questions and activities at important points within the chapters to develop and test students' understanding further. Exam style questions are also found in every chapter.
Pitched at exactly the right level for the new AQA A2 sociology specification, the book provides all the tools necessary to help students achieve top grades and encourage them to take their study of sociology further, whatever their needs, interests and abilities.
You can also find pointers to new contemporary resources for both AS and A2 Sociology by following @BrowneKen on Twitter.
PUBLICATION DATE: 7/13/2009
CATEGORY: Social Science