Special Education in Contemporary Society | 3rd Edition
An Introduction to Exceptionality
AUTHOR: Gargiulo, Richard M.
PUBLISHER: SAGE Publications, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
Click here to view
Special Education in Contemporary Society, Third Edition
in a whole new way- with a SAGE e-walkthrough.
"The real strength of Richard Gargiulo's text is that it does not overwhelm the readers. Learning the vast- and often complex- field of special education is no easy task. Yet, the text meets this challenge head-on." --Bruce A. Shields, Ph.D., Daemen College
"Given the myriad of introductory textbooks on the market, I have continued using Gargiulo's text as it offers a clear, understandable overview of exceptionality and a wealth of resources that compliment my instruction." --Emiliano C. Ayala, Ph.D., Sonoma State University
"The 'First Person' features are very well done and the students love them!" --Michelle LaRocque, Ph.D., Florida Atlantic University
Special Education in Contemporary Society, Third Edition provides a highly readable and research-based introduction to special education. Richard Gargiulo believes teachers need more than just academic knowledge about exceptionality they need an awareness and understanding of the human side of exceptional students and their families. Special Education in Contemporary Society, Third Edition is a comprehensive text with a "people first" approach that gives pre-service teachers a first-hand look into the lives of exceptional children, their families, and their mentors.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Shares the honest and engaging first person accounts of individuals with disabilities in First Person features
- Provides targeted teaching strategies and suggestions with New Effective Instructional Practices boxes
- Covers and integrates INTASC and CEC standards and Praxis II core principles
- Incorporates new coverage of Deaf-blindness
- Includes new and updated content in the key pedagogical features throughout: Chapter-opening narratives, "First Person" boxes, "Suggestions for the Classroom," "Making Inclusion Work," and "Learning Activities"
Accompanied by High-Quality Ancillaries for Instructors and Students!
- Instructor’s Resources on CD-ROM include a computerized test bank, PowerPoint slides, teaching tips, and more.
- A DVD featuring videos on key topics, such as RTI, Co-Teaching, and Differentiated Instruction, are also available to promote discussion and student learning in the classroom.
- A comprehensive Student Study Site at www.sagepub.com/gargiulo3estudy features student and instructor resource materials, including chapter quizzes, full-text SAGE journal articles and activities, e-flashcards, and more.
Intended Audience: Special Education in Contemporary Society, Third Edition is an introductory text for the Introduction to Special Education and Introduction to Exceptionality courses.
PUBLICATION DATE: 9/15/2008