Statistical Pattern Recognition | 2nd Edition
AUTHOR: Webb, Andrew R.
PUBLISHER: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
Statistical Pattern Recognition, Second Edition has been fully updated with new methods, applications and references. It provides a comprehensive introduction to this vibrant area - with material drawn from engineering, statistics, computer science and the social sciences - and covers many application areas, such as database design, artificial neural networks, and decision support systems.
* Provides a self-contained introduction to statistical pattern recognition.
* Each technique described is illustrated by real examples.
* Covers Bayesian methods, neural networks, support vector machines, and unsupervised classification.
* Each section concludes with a description of the applications that have been addressed and with further developments of the theory.
* Includes background material on dissimilarity, parameter estimation, data, linear algebra and probability.
* Features a variety of exercises, from 'open-book' questions to more lengthy projects.
The book is aimed primarily at senior undergraduate and graduate students studying statistical pattern recognition, pattern processing, neural networks, and data mining, in both statistics and engineering departments. It is also an excellent source of reference for technical professionals working in advanced information development environments.
For further information on the techniques and applications discussed in this book please visit www.statistical-pattern-recognition.net
PUBLICATION DATE: 9/9/2002